Interesting facts about Yazd
Yazd is always mentioned as a symbol of endurance in the heart of the desert. An area that is also very old historically. The city of windmills and aqueducts or the city of bricks; It does not matter what title you choose for Yazd. Yazd is always one of the most important tourist destinations for those interested in the desert.
A city that has risen to prominence in the harsh nature of the desert and is becoming more and more prosperous day by day with the exemplary nature of its people.
In this article, we have dealt with interesting facts and points from Yazd.
1. "Yazd" is an ancient word that has its roots in "Yasht" or "Yazt" and "Yasen" and means praise, prayer, worship, and God. "Isatis" and "Dar al-Ebadah" are also mentioned as the old letters of this city.
2. The title "House of Worship" was given to this city after the advent of Islam and the tendency of the people of Yazd to Islam. This name was chosen during the Seljuk period in 504 AH to be considered as an area for worship.
3. Yazd city is the capital of Yazd province and is located in a wide and dry valley surrounded by Shirkuh and Khoranagh mountains.
4. The city dates back to the Sassanid era.
5. Yazd Municipality was established in 1310.
6. The people of Yazd province are of Aryan descent and due to the geographical location and historical background of this region, they are less mixed with non-Iranian races. The language of the people is Persian with Yazdi accent.
7. Yazd city is the second city of raw clay and history in the world.
8. The area of Yazd city is 2491 square kilometers.
9. Yazd has a hot, dry, and desert climate. Temperature fluctuations in summer and winter and even day and night are very variable. In other words, Yazd has two seasons. Long heat season, from March to October, and short cold season, from November to late February.
10. The special conditions of the marginal areas of the desert, the low amount of rain, the movement of quicksands, and the lack of water supply resources, have caused 28% of the area of Yazd province to lack economic benefits.
11. The most prominent feature of the city is its special architecture. Aqueducts, windbreaks, minarets, and domes are the most characteristic features of the city's architecture. Windbreaks are used to capture wind currents and cool the space of buildings.
12. Most scholars of the seventh and eighth centuries made the city their center of activity to escape the Mongol invasion.
13. Most of the people of Yazd are Muslims and Shiites. There is also a large group of Iranian Zoroastrians living in Yazd. A small minority of the country's Jews and Christians also live in the area.
14. The population of Yazd city is about 600 thousand people. While Yazd province has a population of nearly one million people.
15. The important mines of this province such as iron, marble, sandstone, and lead have played an important and constructive role in the economic and civil developments of the province.
16. This area has 12 large parks and 153 small parks.
17. Yazd is also the fifth industrial province of the country in terms of national ranking.
18. Yazd, with more than three thousand industrial units, is on the list of polluted cities in Iran.
19. Large industries such as textiles, carpets, steel, steel, coal, tiles, cable and fiber optics, food, goldsmithing, and goldsmithing are located in this region.
20. In the end, it is interesting to know that in 1995, for the 22nd consecutive year, the Yazdis took first place in the national entrance exam for Universities.